Main Menu

About Us
Upcoming Events
Links
Potato Festival
Contacts
 

Spring Valley Parks


Walton Park

walton park
Courtesy of John Fristoe

24-acre Walton Park is bordered by Elm Street, Main Street, and State Rt. 725.  The park is named after Spring Valley’s founders, Edward Walton and his son Moses.  It offers a large parking area, playing fields, and a picnic area with a pavilion.  The Little Miami Scenic Trail is easily accessible from nearby Walnut Street.  The park is operated by Spring Valley Park District, owned by the Spring Valley Township.

For Pavilion reservations, sports team information or other information, contact Rhonda Painter, 937-475-2408.


Bledsoe Park

Bledsoe Image
Dancing at Pavilion - Courtesy of Nancy Steen

Bledsoe Park, located on Main Street, across the street from the Post Office in the Town Hall, is maintained by Spring Valley ACTS for the community.

Thompson Pavilion is available to the public at no cost.  For Park reservations, contact:

Spring Valley ACTS, Inc.
PO Box 26
Spring Valley, OH 45370
937-862-5250


Founders’ Park

Founder's Park Tree
Marylee Sutton Memorial - Courtesy of John Fristoe

Founder’s Park, on the southwest corner of Main Street and the Little Miami Scenic Trail, is operated by Spring Valley ACTS for the community.  It was recently renovated and renamed “Founders’ Park” because of a marker in the park commemorating Madgel Summers, a community booster in the mid-1900s.  A marker and tree honoring Marylee Sutton (1935-2010), who served as the organist of the Spring Valley Methodist Church for 58 years, is also located in the park.

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

Copyright © 2012 Spring Valley Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved.